Borax, Disinfecting & Deodorizing Powder
Product Information: Borax is an effective, environmentally friendly alternative to harsh chemicals with a wide range of uses around the home.
- To soften and freshen laundry – add ½ a cup to your load and use less washing powder.
- As an all-purpose cleaner – mix 2 teaspoons of Borax with 2 cups of hot water and shake to blend. Keep it in a spray bottle to clean surfaces.
- Make toilet cleaning easier – distribute a cup of Borax into the bowl at night. Next morning the grime will be loosened and ready to remove with the toilet brush.
- Clean – bathtubs and sinks with a paste made from a cup of Borax and ¼ cup lemon juice. Rub the stain with the paste and rinse with warm water.
- As an insecticide – sprinkle Borax on dog beds, carpets and areas where you suspect fleas, cockroaches and ants. They will be gone in no time!
- Inhibit mold growth – by applying a thick paste of Borax and water. Once it’s dry, sweep away and rinse.
- Unclog drains – use 1/2 cup of Borax followed by 2 cups of boiling water, let it sit for 15 mins then run the water to flush it out.